Planning & Codes
Building code and property maintenance inspections are available through the office of
Planning and Codes. Call: (410) 479-3625 for scheduling an inspection, filing complaints, and inquiries.
- Inspections can be scheduled with a 36-hour notice Monday thru Friday by calling 410-479-3625.
- There is no charge for property maintenance inspections.
- Building code inspections fees are included in the building permit fee.
- Electrical and plumbing inspections.
- For Erosion & Sediment Control (E&SC) information: click on link under Planning and Codes: Applications: Permit Applications and Information
- Accessibility Standards: ADA accessible design questions can be referred to the Access Board for technical assistance: (800) 872-2253, (800) 993-2822 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign Information (.pdf)
Town of Denton 2010 Comprehensive Plan, Sept. 13, 2010 (PDF Document 9 MB) compressed file, not appropriate for printing. Higher resolution copies are available through the Office of Planning and Codes. Town of Denton 2010 Comprehensive Plan (.pdf) to include the Septic Tier Map (.pdf). The following chapters are included in the 2010 Comprehensive Plan:
Town of Denton Zoning Maps
Maryland’s Forest Conservation Act – Senate Bill 234
Effective October 1, 2019, Senate Bill 234 requires local governments to provide local Forest Conservation Fund Mitigation Plans and Accounting Procedures available to the public. Learn More about mitigation plan and accounting procedures (.pdf)
Denton’s Pattern Book
Denton’s Architectural Pattern Book describes our town’s unique character and the essential characteristics of Denton’s built form that our citizens know and cherish. The Pattern Book also presents the public vision for perpetuating these characteristics along with strategies, applicable to both revitalization and new development projects, for achieving that goal.
Denton Pattern Book (.pdf)
Carbon Monoxide Safety
Carbon monoxide detectors are required in all rental units. This is a State law (Maryland Public Safety 12-1101 & 12-1102 (.pdf) effective April 1, 2018
If you are a landlord in Denton, please contact our department for more information on how to be compliant with the law.