–Application for Employment (must be completed with all resume submissions)
The Town of Denton is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- Account Clerk I The Town of Denton is accepting resumes for a F/T Acct Clerk I to handle AP, Cash Collections, answer phones, process mail, and assist with Utility Billing, etc. Please click on the link for more information.
-Planning and Codes Department
- No positions currently available.
– Public Works Department
- Motor Equipment Operator I. Min. Salary: $17.97 per hour. App. should have 1-yr experience in the operation of medium weight equipment used in water, sewer & road maintenance; must have a HS Diploma or be in possession of a GED; must have a valid Class “B” CDL driver’s license.
- Motor Equipment Operator II. Min. Salary: $21.74 per hour. App. should have 2-yrs experience in operating medium and heavy equipment and 2-yrs experience in water, sewer & road maintenance; must have a HS Diploma or be in possession of a GED; must have a valid Class “B” CDL driver’s license.
Applications and complete job descriptions available by clicking the link or job description title above or at 650 Legion Road and will be accepted until position is filled. Resumes without applications will not be accepted.
- Full-Time Facilities Maintenance Worker I or a II (posted 9/30/22)
Accepting applications for a full-time Facilities Maintenance Worker I. Minimum starting salary $17.97. Applicant should have knowledge of facility & park maintenance, operation of trucks, street sweeper, leaf vacuum, woodchipper, & other related machinery. Must have HS diploma or G.E.D. and possess a MD commercial driver’s license, CDL class “B” with appropriate endorsements.
Accepting applications for a full-time Facilities Maintenance Worker II. Minimum starting salary $19.77. Applicant is required to have 1-yr of experience operating trucks street sweeper, leaf vacuum, woodchipper, & other related machinery and 2-yrs experience in facility & park maintenance. Must have HS diploma or G.E.D. and possess a MD commercial driver’s license, CDL class “B” with appropriate endorsements.
Applications and complete job description are available by clicking the job description title above or at the Town Office, 4 N Second Street. Position will be open until filled. Resumes without applications will not be accepted. The Town of Denton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
– Police Department
Entry Level Police Officer
(Posted 8/11/22) The Denton MD Police Department is currently accepting applications for entry level police officer.We offer competitive pay and benefits, including state retirement, along with a take home vehicle privilege. Must be able to pass a written POST exam, physical agility test and a thorough background investigation. If selected you will have to attend, and pass, entry level police training at a Maryland approved Police Academy.If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can make a positive impact on the community we serve, please visit www.dentonmdpolice.com and print out an application. It can be found under the careers tab. You can also obtain an application in person at 100 N. 3rd Street Denton MD 21629.If you have specific questions, you can call us at 410-479-1414 or send an email to email@example.com.